Friday, 7 March 2014

A Birthday Tote

My youngest grand daughter will be turning 8 on Sunday, and her present this year was a "grown up" bible.  So pretty!  Pink of course.....

 
So I decided that it needed a special tote and found some cute fabric the other day - pretty good match!  I finished it this afternoon.

 
The tote is from a tutorial which I found here at Just Another Hang Up.  It was very easy to make.

 
Instead of just top stitching the handles, I used one of the fancy stitches on machine.  Never get to use them, so this was a perfect time to test them out.

 
The lining was some fabric from stash.


 
I forgot to show you the gorgeous owl teapot which came home from Queensland. 

 
The Tambourine Mountain Teapots was next door to the café we had lunch in at Curtis Falls the day we went up to Tambourine Mountain.  It was a bit of an ask to choose which of the lovely teapots to buy, but in the end this one made it home with us, and has joined the other cuties on my shelf. 
 
The other thing which came home with me the other day from Pieces to Treasure was this lovely table runner.  It is one of Jenelle's own designs.  I plan to start the applique panels as soon as my hexie quilt is finished, which will be soooon!  WooHoo!

 
I have read a couple of books recently too.  Travelling time is great time to read, so I got a couple of books from the library to take with us to Queensland.  The first was "Threadbare" by Monica Ferris.  This was a mystery with the key player being the owner of an embroidery shop.  A sweet little book.  The second was "Mrs Lincoln's Dressmaker" by Jennifer Chiaverini, the author of the Elm Creek Quilts series.  This book was the book of the month for February at the online book club run by Susan at Starwood Quilter.  I enjoyed the book.  In Australia during my school years, American history was skimmed through very fast, if at all, so I found it interesting from a historical perspective, and learnt a lot about the Civil War period.  This month's book is A Drunkard's Path by Clare O'Donohue, not available in my library, so I have ordered it in.  What a fantastic service to be able to get the book from one of the other libraries in this state for just a few dollars. 
 
Back to the bridge table tomorrow and on Sunday too. We are playing in the Teams Championships at Brisbane Water.  Suckers for punishment eh?
 
Til next time.....Keep on stitching.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful little bag. Thanks for showing it and the link to the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fortunate granddaughter you have. And I just love that teapot! I linked to this blog post under Member Blogs on my website.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that bible is adorable!! And the matching tote is awesome!!! How wonderful for your grand daughter!!! Happy birthday to her!!

    ReplyDelete

I just love a comment, so please feel free to leave one. Unless you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer all comments left on my blog